Learn why hangovers happen and how hangover supplements can help
Thinking of trying hangover supplements? You’re definitely not alone! As we’re sure many of you know, hangovers are incredibly common, especially as we age. And, just as common, is looking for hangover cures that can offer fast and reliable relief, especially ones that address the causes of hangovers at their roots.
As for what those causes are, well,scientists are still trying to figure it out. But, there are some things that we seem to understand about why hangovers happen. Here are some of the most widely accepted theories, including some that explain why multivitamins and alcohol may be a mix that makes some sense (though not at the same time, of course).
1. Drinking overworks your liver
When you drink alcohol faster than your liver’s capacity to process it, the ethanol from the alcohol will enter your bloodstream and make its way to other organs. Even though you’ll flush it all out eventually, you’re still likely to experience some pretty unpleasant side effects, including fatigue, headache, nausea, excessive thirst, and others.
2. Drinking makes you dehydrated
Another big reason for hangovers is the fact that alcohol may cause dehydration. This is thought to happen for two reasons: because alcohol increases urine production (leading you to release more fluid than you’re taking in) and because there’s a tendency among people who are drinking heavily to not drink enough water while they’re at it. And while we’re still short on scientific evidence to fully support the claim that dehydration is a cause of hangovers, it does seem to be a pretty widely believed theory.
3. Drinking puts stress on your immune system. Another theory as to why hangovers happen is the effects that alcohol has on the immune system—effects that can in turn lead to symptoms like nausea and decreased appetite, among others. This is part of what suggests that the best hangover cure supplement may be vitamin B12 shots, which provide a boost to the immune system that can help counteract some of the damaging effects of alcohol. It’s generally considered one of the top vitamins that help with hangovers, with the potential to ease hangover symptoms when they occur, or even possibly prevent them from appearing in the first place. Similarly, the powerful antioxidant Glutathione, is essential to eliminating toxins from the body. It aids the liver in neutralizing the toxins, and keeps us at our best during times of recovery.
Other possible hangover culprits include alcohol’s negative effect on sleep, as well as its ability to lower blood pressure and cause gastrointestinal distress. Considering all of these possibilities, it’s easy to see why a hangover shot that offers quick relief may just be the way to go.
What’s the Best Natural Hangover Cure?
Sadly, there’s no way to snap your fingers and make a hangover disappear. But there are things that you can do to speed up the process of feeling better.
- Eat a good breakfast. After a night of drinking, a big, well-balanced breakfast can help maintain blood sugar levels and stave off headaches and nausea.
- Get plenty of sleep. Sleep is essential for recovery, and that includes hangover recovery. If you had a late night, try to make up for it by napping throughout the day and hitting the hay early the following evening.
- Stay hydrated. Aside from helping you deal with alcohol-induced dehydration, drinking lots of water will also assist in flushing out toxins from your body and helping it get back to normal.
- Try vitamin B12 & Glutathione shots. A combination of these simple shots can help restore balance to your immune system, eliminate toxins from the body, and reduce the overall severity of hangover symptoms.
Hangovers happen. And when they do, your response can make all the difference. Follow the tips above for natural cures and help yourself feel better faster.
Products related to this post
$209.99 $349.99Select this Treatment